Re: MySQL on the NetWinder?

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Marko Dinic wrote:

sed -e 's|Rob|Rod|'

> I'm looking for a mysql server. I tried from source as well, it got
> stuck on the same file, sql_yacc.cc . I might try that again sometime,
> I really wanna see if Rob's modified config will do the trick.

Actually after having waited for it to build I found I had already build a
copy in the past.  You can get rpms for a version which will run on Debian
from:
  ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/s/stewart/redhat/RPMS/versioned/MySQL*
I've tested these on a Debain based NetWinder and they appear to work.  I
installed with "rpm --initdb;rpm -ihv --nodeps MySQL-*" excluding the
MySQL-bench package.  YMMV.

Ideally Jim will be able to get some debs built, but baring that this
should get you going.

Good Luck,
-Rms