Re: Shark network trouble

>I just found that cs89x0.c is marked obsolete in config.in. Can I set
>CONFIG_OBSOLETE somewhere or will this file disappear sooner or later. The
>shark has this chip onboard, so I would not like that :-(
>
>Is the network interface genarally broken in 2.3.47 or is this only because
>the cs89x0 is not updated properly: I get SIOCADDRT: Invalid Argument when
>running ifconfig. I downloaded netbase_3.17-1 but this didn't change
>anything.

The cs89x0 is probably hosed right now.  There were merge conflicts to do
with softnet and I haven't had a chance to resolve them yet.

As to why it's marked obsolete, I haven't a clue.  I'll try to find out.
Shark isn't by any means the only platform with this chip and I don't want to
lose it either.

p.