Re: Setting up a NetWinder

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Chris McKillop wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 11:20:17PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> > >    o Is anyone looking into getting Corel's stuff working?  I=20
> > >      was thinking that even if we nabbed thier binary or something.
> >
> > The Rebel.com binary depends on a non-versioned libc.  It's possible
> > to make it run but it involves some messy hackery.

Yes it is possible, but it is ugly, you do not want to go down that road
if at all possible.  There should be a versioned libc version of the last
Rebel.com release (dm 3.1-15) out shortly.  Mainly waiting for the final
release of glibc 2.1.3.  Oh, and gdb is currently broken with glibc 2.1.3
pre 3.

> 	Darn!  Do you know if the Corel server is a standalone server
> that just needs an X build environment or is it a patch against
> SVGA?  If it is patch I am gonna get on thier case for not giving it
> back to XFree86 yet!!!

What exactly are you looking for?  If you are looking for the netwinder
patches against XFree86 they are available (or let me know if you simply
want the arm patch, and I can extract it.)
	ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/pub/netwinder/SRPMS/dm/3.1-15/
		XFree86-3.3.3.1-36nw10.src.rpm

Or do you want a precompiled SVGA server to start with?  I have one which
is linked against a versioned glibc, just let me know and I can put it up.

Hope this help,
-Rms