Re: bash dependencies

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 09:18:32PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >I'm trying to use the version of bash in potato. It appears to have
> >actual (as opposed to declared) dependencies on libncurses.so.4. I can
> >only find libncurses.so.5 which is in the base package libncurses5.
>
> Ho, hum.

[snip]

> There is a libncurses4 in potato/binary-arm/oldlibs, but... with bash 2.03-5
> (latest in unstable) it's a different picture.  Sounds like you might have
> ended up with a slightly inconsistent set of binaries.

[snip]

Ah. I believed that since the main/binary-arm link in potato was to
sid that the same would be true in woody. I was wrong. Is this a good
state of affairs?

Anyway, I should be able to solve the problem by downloading this
version. It also explains why so many source and binary versions
didn't tie up in potato. Thanks for your help.

--
Mike Crowe <mac@fysh.org>