bash dependencies

I'm trying to use the version of bash in potato. It appears to have
actual (as opposed to declared) dependencies on libncurses.so.4. I can
only find libncurses.so.5 which is in the base package libncurses5.

I'm not completely sure of this since I'm not actually running the
binary in a proper debian-arm system.

There is a source package called ncurses4.2 - should this be compiled
for arm? Unfortunately it is difficult for me to compile it myself
since I only have a cross-compiler. I've tried cross compiling ncurses
before and it ended in grief!

All help gratefully received :)

TIA

--