Re: Netwinder Hardware suppliers

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Bram Stolk wrote:
> I am looking for a machine like the Netwinder/DM.
> Is rebel.com the only source for netwinder hardware?
> What about european suppliers? Do they exist?

Currently I only know of Clarity Distribution
<http://www.clarity-distribution.co.uk/> but soon we (Zereau
<http://www.zereau.com/>) will be selling them with a redesigned
daughtercard with ISDN on it. We also are working on sync serial and ADSL
cards.

You could try the CATS board <http://www.chalice.com/>

> using comodity PCI cards,

Most drivers need some modification to work on ARM, so you'll probably
want to make sure you pick ones which are known to work already on ARM,
unless you want to di it yourself.

> and Debian/Arm?

The distribution you use is a matter of personal choice- there's no reason
you couldn't put a different one on it, whatever hardware you get.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :