Re: Port status

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 10:14:37PM +0100, Chris Rutter wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, David Welton wrote:

> > One important thing that doesn't build is Postgresql.  It gets stuck
> > on pgtksh.

> If you're looking for patches to make stuff work on ARM, one place
> that I think might well be worth looking is in the collection of
> SRPMs (source RPMs) on ftp.redhat.com: they often come with patches
> from the 'winder team.

Yeah, but some of them are also pretty ugly hacks, and in a lot of
cases don't apply to Debian packages.  They are best used with "low
level" kinds of things, like gdb, strace, etc...

Often times, it is the Debian rules files that are just really awful,
and make it difficult to track down problems, and or start builds over
from the top.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria