Re: portmap segfaults

>I am trying to get the shark from 2.2.9 to 2.2.12. It runs quite well now,
>but portmap segfaults everytime it gets a request. I can mount remote

This isn't a Shark specific thing, it happens on all machines with the 2.2.12
kernel.  I'm not sure where the bug got introduced (ie whether it's in
Russell's kernels, Linus' kernels or only in CVS); I think Ralph was looking
into it but I haven't heard anything else.

>Does this mean, it is in the libc?

Yep.

>strace: permission fault on section, address=0xc0000000, code 3

It's weird.  Someone needs to run strace itself under the debugger (or maybe
just with catchsegv) and find out how that happens.

>Any mayor changes in memory-management in 2.2.12?

Not that I can think of.  Some of the domain handling, and possibly the lazy
TLB, was rejigged but I don't think that should be a big deal.  I'd expect
MM problems to show up much more widely than this as well.

p.