Re: The debian netwinder is online with a different IP

On 11 May 1999, Jim Pick wrote:

> Alan DeKok <aland@striker.ottawa.on.ca> writes:
>
> >   It exists.  It's still running RH (ouch).  I've been trying to get a
> > debian machine going. (sigh).
> >
> >   Jim?  Would you mind terribly if I fed-ex'd you one of the machines?
>
> Sure, you could send it to me.  Or you could just wait for me to put
> together a new image and some updated installation instructions.  I'm
> going to try really hard to do that this week.
>
> For those that haven't been following my movements - I'm back home in
> Penticton, B.C., Canada now.  So I should have some time to put a bit
> more work into the ARM port.
>
> Cheers,
>
>  - Jim

Its come to my attention that Novare (Master Debian server people) are now
colocating with the company I work for. I had a discussion with one of
their employees who said they had been trying to get a public Netwinder
for a while, but Corel wouldn't oblige. (Dunno if they knew about the
old*current public Netwinder....) Regardless, either I'm going to bite the
bullet and buy a Netwinder, or I'll try to get someone to donate one and
bring it up on the DS3 here. I will be leaving for Spain on May 24th for
two weeks. When I return I'll try to put this together...

Of course the question is, do we need another public Netwinder?