Re: The public netwinder is back up

Alan DeKok <aland@striker.ottawa.on.ca> writes:

>   After an untoward delay, the public netwinder is back up.  I've only
> given Jim Pick access for now.
>
>   Anyone wanting access should send email.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Great stuff!

(Sorry for not responding sooner, I'm a bit swamped after spending a
 week in California at LinuxWorld)

I'm able to log in.

I see that you were trying to "talk" to me, but I wasn't able to
respond fast enough.

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out how to tunnel one of my IPs to your
gateway so you can put it on it's own DNS.  I've done it before - I
just need to refresh my memory on how to do it.

Looking at the hard drive:

# /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/hda
Disk /dev/hda: 128 heads, 63 sectors, 525 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 8064 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot   Begin    Start      End   Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1            2        2        2     4032   83  Linux native
/dev/hda2            3        3      501  2011968   83  Linux native
/dev/hda3          502      502      525    96768   82  Linux swap

# df
Filesystem         1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hda2            1946285  630391  1215296     34%   /

There's only one useable partition (2GB), and it's got the Red Hat
stuff on it.

I'm not sure how we should go about putting Debian onto it.  I guess
we could try to boot it off the network - but that's going to require
your assistance.

Cheers,

 - Jim