Re: Obsoleting configuration files during the upgrade process in debian preinst script

Hi Erik,

On Monday, 5 September 2016 17:21:51 CEST Erik Wasser wrote:
> 1) Is it possible to check against real files with `-f' instead of `-e'
> in the `preinst/obsolete_conffile_exists()' function?

Sounds like a good idea.

> 2) Is this whole obsolete file check really needed for an upgrade
> between two apache 2.4.X instances?

No. That is an oversight. There should be an additional check that prevents
the 2.2 -> 2.4 upgrade logic from running again if the upgrade is from 2.4.x.

I will try to fix that in the next upload to jessie. It would be nice if you
could file this as a bug report. That makes it easier for the release team to
review the upload and less likely for me to forget about it.

Cheers,
Stefan