Re: Debian package on Windows

[ for -devel: this is a reply to a post to debian-apache, please see
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-apache/2016/02/msg00004.html ]

Hi Eric,

I think your message would be better addressed to the debian-devel mailing
list, who I have copied in to this reply so that more Debian Developers are
aware of it.  (There's also the Apt developer's mailing list at the
harder-to-discover deity@lists.debian.org who I have not copied in, as they are
likely all on -devel anyway)

Personally (although I am not an Apt developer) I think it sounds like an
interesting idea, and there is some precedent as APT was the basis of the
"Fink" package management system for Apple Mac OS X.  Not re-inventing the
wheel is a very good idea, lots of package management problems have been
discovered and solved with APT already (and it's sad to see things like Ruby
gems, Go packages etc. re-discover the very same problems over and over again)

--
Jonathan Dowland