Re: config*.m4 search path

Hi Robie,

Am Montag, 6. Januar 2014, 13:01:06 schrieb Robie Basak:
> I'm wondering if there's more of a potential issue in Ubuntu than in
> Debian here. Our next release will be supported for five years, so
> I expect that we'll backport a number of as-yet-unknown bug fixes.
> As we're team based, it could be anybody doing this, and they may
> be unaware of this issue.
>
> So I think I'd prefer to carry the backported fix for this, just so
> there isn't a mine for a future developer to step on.
>
> We prefer to keep our delta against Debian small, so that's a vote
> from me to have the fix in 2.4.7-2, please. That's assuming that we
> just need the ignore-quilt-dir patch, or are there any
> complications with build system regeneration or anything like that?

The code is only executed when running buildconf to re-create
configure. This is not normally done during package build. Therefore
the patch to build/config-stubs is sufficient to avoid the problem in
the future if/when someone needs to re-run buildconf again. I have
committed the patch to be included in 2.4.7-2.

Cheers,
Stefan