Re: The status of ITK in Debian

Hi Steinar,

On Wednesday 29 February 2012, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 06:29:17PM +0100, Arno Töll wrote:
> > we're close to upload an experimental 2.4 package to Debian.
> > Maybe you could tell us what to do with the ITK MPM? Right now
> > we dropped it completely. Do you have any plans to support 2.4
> > in time of the approaching freeze?
>
> I'm planning to support 2.4, but I won't be able to look at it
> before next week. Somebody made a forward-port already, but I
> haven't been able to look at it in detail:
>
>   http://lists.err.no/pipermail/mpm-itk/2012-February/000497.html

There is now mod_privileges included upstream, which does something
similar to mpm itk but using Solaris privileges. It would be
interesting to check if ITK could use the same hooks and stop being a
MPM but become a normal module. Maybe you or one of your fellow
developers could have a look at it.

Cheers,
Stefan