Re: Backport apache2 version >= 2.2.12 ?

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:31:56AM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm following up the email below:
>
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 14:31, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
> > So, I'm here to ask if you could consider backporting a more recent
> > version of Apache (I see 2.2.15-2 reached testing, so it might be a
> > good candidate). If I can help somehow, I'd be happy to, and I can
> > even consider doing it myself (even though it's a quite big package
> > and I'm not sure I can commit to maintain it properly in bpo), but I'd
> > like to hear the opinion of the Debian Apache maintainers :)
>
> I've prepared some packages for backport, and copied on [1] (it's also
> apt-get-able); I tested them and they work, at least SNI is fully
> functional (that's my purpose)
>
> [1] http://people.debian.org/~morph/bpo/

Hi Sandro,

we just have a running discussion at the CAcert.org system administrators list
(CCed) to use a backported Apache version with SNI support and now you step in
and solve our problem, many thanks. I will try your package and give feedback.

> The chain of dependencies are:
>
> apache2
>  +- openssl
>  +- apr-util
>     +- apr
>        +- libtool
>
> libtool was already in bpo, but was not compiled for amd64, so I've
> just rebuilt it; the others are backports from the current versions in
> testing.
>
> In CC the packages maintainers: I'd like them to have a look at those
> packages before I (or they, no problem) push 'em to the repo; given
> it's the first time I prepare some bpo and how important those
> packages are, more eyes are better than my newbie ones only :)

Regards
Jan

--
Jan Dittberner - Debian Developer