license clarification

Hi,

I'm writing on behalf of a potential redistributor of your
'apr_dbd_mysql' add-on to apr-util.  As you probably know, there have
been questions raised by the FSF about compatibility between the GPL
and the Apache License 2.0, used by apr-util.  The ASF believes there
is no problem.  MySQL A.B. has sidestepped the question by providing a
GPL compatibility exemption covering many such cases.

As your code is intended for use with apr-util, I assume you see no
license compatibility problem either.  Can I get a quick confirmation
of this from you as copyright holders of the GPL work?  Your reply will
go into our public copyright notice file for apr-util.

Thanks,
Peter, for the Debian Apache maintainers