hi there from Poland

hi!

  hi there from Poland
  my name is stentor and I'm a newbie with apache
  here is my problem

I've posted my problem on my homecountry debian forum and also on my homecountry
debian mailing list but get any sufficient replies :( so I try to post here.

Debian Sarge 3.1
apt-get install apache

the apache is 1.3, but with predefined modules list
(there was no configuration process, what modules I want to
install into apache server), so I haven't mod_proxy module
compiled into my apache.

the question is:
what I have to do to inculde (
install, compile) mod_proxy into my apache
(please tell me step by step - I'm a little newbie ;) )

I've tried
man apache-modconf
and then

apache-modconf enable mod_proxy

but without result :(

./apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 1053 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'ProxyPass', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

please, help!

--
Pozdrowienia=cheers!
 Stentor