Re: libapache-mod-* use of /etc/apache* directories

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Jacob Anawalt wrote:

> I think that my timing for this discussion is off. I realize you are
> all very busy fixing much more important things to prepare for the
> next release. I should have been playing around more seriously with
> all the apache packages three months ago.

thanks! a positive comment is always a good motivation to keep going.

> I really appreciate the apache package. I think that it is a very well
> maintained package that has one of the best README.Debian files I've
> looked at.

it will be reviewed soon and more slim and nice.

> Many of my thoughts may have little value for the next release after
> Sarge if apache2 becomes standard and doesn't grow a tail (eg
> apache2-perl) and apache fades away.

Yes 99% apache1.3 will fade away immediatly after sarge. At least that's
what we are considering.

> If it looks like apache (1.3) will still be around for the release
> after Sarge or if apache2-perl does grow a tail I'll return to this
> thought at least a few months after Sarge releases.

i guess apache2 will not grow more than it is now. There are already
enough -mpm- and i don't think we will start growing any tail for it. It
was already painfull enough to maintain -perl and -ssl. But that's what we
got and we committed to support it, even if it is absolutely a pain.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.