[Geoffrey Young] Re: very old bug report about internal_redirect

fyi...

--- Begin Message ---

Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in Debian there is a very old bug report about internal_redirect, the
> full text of which you can read at the following url, along with the
> necessary to reproduce it:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=130883&repeatmerged=no
>
> The submitter also posted a similar request on this mailing list
> (http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/182/2002/1/50/7687949/)
> but I have not been able to locate a reply.
>
> I have been able to verify that the "bug" is still present with these
> versions:
>
> apache    1.3.29
> mod_perl  1.29
> perl      5.8.1
>
> What is not clear to me is if this is indeed a bug, a "feature", or
> just a programming error on the side of the original complainant.

I remember this but never had the time to track it down.

the first thing I'd do would be to put each package/class in it's own .pm
file and PerlModule each one separately.  if the problem persists I'll look
into it.

--Geoff