very old bug report about internal_redirect

Hello,

in Debian there is a very old bug report about internal_redirect, the
full text of which you can read at the following url, along with the
necessary to reproduce it:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=130883&repeatmerged=no

The submitter also posted a similar request on this mailing list
(http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/182/2002/1/50/7687949/)
but I have not been able to locate a reply.

I have been able to verify that the "bug" is still present with these
versions:

apache    1.3.29
mod_perl  1.29
perl      5.8.1

What is not clear to me is if this is indeed a bug, a "feature", or
just a programming error on the side of the original complainant.

Please shed some light!

Thank you

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.6.0-test9 #1 Fri Oct 31 22:51:12 CET 2003 i686 GNU/Linux