RE: virtual hosts

Thom May wrote:
> * Andrew Shugg (andrew@neep.com.au) wrote :
> > Thom May said:
> > > it's a bit nasty, agreed. But I think !DEFAULT or similar
> > > would get the point across quite well...
> > > -Thom
> >
> > Apart from - and this is _really_ splitting hairs - people like me who
> > look at '!foo' and think "not foo".  But it's a clever idea and
probably
> > the best fix.
> >
> Yeah, I thought about that one. blah :-)
> I honestly don't think that there's much I can do about that,
> save document
> it in the README.

"_default_" sorts earlier than any RFC-allowed domain names, and has the
advantage of being a POSIX portable filename that isn't a pain in the ass
to work with in a shell.  It also sticks out in 'ls', not just because it's
first, but because it screams "look at me, I'm underlined -- sort of".

... Adam