Re: can't get mod_userdir to work

* gregory duchesnes (gregory@icilalune.com) wrote :
> Hi,
>
> i'm running debian 3.0r1 + apache 1.3 + php 4... and proftpd.
>
> my problem is that i can't get mod_userdir to work, though my site is
> working correctly.

[...]
> Know i have a user called gregory (that's me :D) member of the users group,
> whom i'd like to have his own web space on www.mydomain.com/~gregory
> i've then created a public_html folder under is home directory belonging to
> him, with a 777 chmod (just for testing) and an index.html file also
> belongig to him and with a 777 chmod.

Does the user/group that apache is running as have at least execute
permissions on every directory in the path to your public_html dir?
If it doesn't then it can't chdir correctly.
Also, when you're asking for help, try to include the relevant lines from
error log, not the error the browser displays.
Cheers,
-Thom