Re: ScriptAlises not working

Hello,

I figured it all out in the end...

the definition of '/nagios/cgi-bin' should have come *BEFORE* the definition of
'/nagios'. I tried this, and it worked.

If it's the other way around, Apache parses it the wrong way...

Richard.

Quoting fabriciocannini <fabriciocannini@yahoo.com.br>:

> It might not be it, but are Nagios in the Apache folders,
> like, in a folder below Apache?
> I know that it is'nt needed but try to put Nagios in a folder
> below Apache, like /usr/local/bin/httpd/nagios or where it u put it.
>
> Hope it help u.
>
> Hobbs, Richard escreveu:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply... I understand that Apache doesn't allow browsing
> of
> > cgi-bin directories by default, but how about this:
> >
> >   http://broadband.mongeese.co.uk/nagios/   <-- Click on "Tactical
> Overview".
> >
> > It says "The requested URL /nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi was not found on this
> > server."
> >
> > However... My httpd.conf file says:
> >
> > #=================================================
> > ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
> >
> > <Directory /usr/local/nagios/sbin/>
> >     AllowOverride AuthConfig
> >     Options ExecCGI
> >     Order allow,deny
> >     Allow from all
> > </Directory>
> > #=================================================
> >
> > And my directory structure looks like this:
> >
> >   turnip:~# ls -l /usr/local/nagios/ | grep sbin
> >   drwxrwxr-x    2 nagios   nagios       4096 Feb 27 22:05 sbin
> >   turnip:~# ls -l /usr/local/nagios/sbin/ | grep tac.cgi
> >   -rwxrwxr-x    1 nagios   nagios     124944 Feb 27 22:05 tac.cgi
> >   turnip:~#
> >
> > So why doesn't this one work? Is it because I have a standard alias
> pointing to:
> >
> >   http://broadband.mongeese.co.uk/nagios/
> >
> > ...and a ScriptAlias pointing to:
> >
> >   http://broadband.mongeese.co.uk/nagios/cgi-bin/
> >
> > ??????
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard.

Richard Hobbs
hobbs@mongeese.co.uk
http://mongeese.co.uk | http://fishsponge.co.uk

"There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers