Updated Debian 12: 12.2 released

The Debian Project                               https://www.debian.org/
Updated Debian 12: 12.2 released                        press@debian.org
October 7th, 2023              https://www.debian.org/News/2023/20231007

The Debian project is pleased to announce the second update of its
stable distribution Debian 12 (codename "bookworm"). This point release
mainly adds corrections for security issues, along with a few
adjustments for serious problems. Security advisories have already been
published separately and are referenced where available.

Please note that the point release does not constitute a new version of
Debian 12 but only updates some of the packages included. There is no
need to throw away old "bookworm" media. After installation, packages
can be upgraded to the current versions using an up-to-date Debian
mirror.

Those who frequently install updates from security.debian.org won't have
to update many packages, and most such updates are included in the point
release.

New installation images will be available soon at the regular locations.

Upgrading an existing installation to this revision can be achieved by
pointing the package management system at one of Debian's many HTTP
mirrors. A comprehensive list of mirrors is available at:

https://www.debian.org/mirror/list

Miscellaneous Bugfixes
----------------------

This stable update adds a few important corrections to the following
packages:

+--------------------------+------------------------------------------+
| Package                  | Reason                                   |
+--------------------------+------------------------------------------+
| amd64-microcode [1]      | Update included microcode, including     |
|                          | fixes for  "AMD Inception"  on AMD Zen4  |
|                          | processors [CVE-2023-20569]              |
|                          |                                          |
| arctica-greeter [2]      | Support configuring the onscreen         |
|                          | keyboard theme via ArcticaGreeter's      |
|                          | gsettings; use  "Compact"  OSK layout    |
|                          | (instead of Small) which includes        |
|                          | special keys such as German Umlauts; fix |
|                          | display of authentication failure        |
|                          | messages; use active theme rather then   |
|                          | emerald                                  |
|                          |                                          |
| autofs [3]               | Fix regression determining reachability  |
|                          | on dual-stack hosts                      |
|                          |                                          |
| base-files [4]           | Update for the 12.2 point release        |
|                          |                                          |
| batik [5]                | Fix Server Side Request Forgery issues   |
|                          | [CVE-2022-44729 CVE-2022-44730]          |
|                          |                                          |
| boxer-data [6]           | No longer install https-everywhere for   |
|                          | Firefox                                  |
|                          |                                          |
| brltty [7]               | xbrlapi: Do not try to start brltty with |
|                          | ba+a2 when unavailable; fix cursor       |
|                          | routing and braille panning in Orca when |
|                          | xbrlapi is installed but the a2 screen   |
|                          | driver is not                            |
|                          |                                          |
| ca-certificates-java [8] | Work around unconfigured JRE during new  |
|                          | installations                            |
|                          |                                          |
| cairosvg [9]             | Handle data: URLs in safe mode           |
|                          |                                          |
| calibre [10]             | Fix export feature                       |
|                          |                                          |
| clamav [11]              | New upstream stable release; security    |
|                          | fixes [CVE-2023-20197 CVE-2023-20212]    |
|                          |                                          |
| cryptmount [12]          | Avoid memory initialisation issues in    |
|                          | command line parser                      |
|                          |                                          |
| cups [13]                | Fix heap-based buffer overflow issue     |
|                          | [CVE-2023-4504]; fix unauthenticated     |
|                          | access issue [CVE-2023-32360]            |
|                          |                                          |
| curl [14]                | Build with OpenLDAP to correct improper  |
|                          | fetch of binary LDAP attributes; fix     |
|                          | excessive memory consumption issue       |
|                          | [CVE-2023-38039]                         |
|                          |                                          |
| cyrus-imapd [15]         | Ensure mailboxes are not lost on         |
|                          | upgrades from bullseye                   |
|                          |                                          |
| dar [16]                 | Fix issues with creating isolated        |
|                          | catalogs when dar was built using a      |
|                          | recent gcc version                       |
|                          |                                          |
| dbus [17]                | New upstream stable release; fix a dbus- |
|                          | daemon crash during policy reload if a   |
|                          | connection belongs to a user account     |
|                          | that has been deleted, or if a Name      |
|                          | Service Switch plugin is broken, on      |
|                          | kernels not supporting SO_PEERGROUPS;    |
|                          | report the error correctly if getting    |
|                          | the groups of a uid fails; dbus-user-    |
|                          | session: Copy XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP to     |
|                          | activation environment                   |
|                          |                                          |
| debian-archive-          | Clean up leftover keyrings in            |
| keyring [18]             | trusted.gpg.d                            |
|                          |                                          |
| debian-edu-doc [19]      | Update Debian Edu Bookworm manual        |
|                          |                                          |
| debian-edu-install [20]  | New upstream release; adjust D-I auto-   |
|                          | partitioning sizes                       |
|                          |                                          |
| debian-installer [21]    | Increase Linux kernel ABI to 6.1.0-13;   |
|                          | rebuild against proposed-updates         |
|                          |                                          |
| debian-installer-        | Rebuild against proposed-updates         |
| netboot-images [22]      |                                          |
|                          |                                          |
| debian-parl [23]         | Rebuild with newer boxer-data; no longer |
|                          | depend on webext-https-everywhere        |
|                          |                                          |
| debianutils [24]         | Fix duplicate entries in /etc/shells;    |
|                          | manage /bin/sh in the state file; fix    |
|                          | canonicalization of shells in aliased    |
|                          | locations                                |
|                          |                                          |
| dgit [25]                | Use the old /updates security map only   |
|                          | for buster; prevent pushing older        |
|                          | versions than are already in the archive |
|                          |                                          |
| dhcpcd5 [26]             | Ease upgrades with leftovers from        |
|                          | wheezy; drop deprecated ntpd             |
|                          | integration; fix version in cleanup      |
|                          | script                                   |
|                          |                                          |
| dpdk [27]                | New upstream stable release              |
|                          |                                          |
| dput-ng [28]             | Update permitted upload targets; fix     |
|                          | failure to build from source             |
|                          |                                          |
| efibootguard [29]        | Fix Insufficient or missing validation   |
|                          | and sanitization of input from           |
|                          | untrustworthy bootloader environment     |
|                          | files [CVE-2023-39950]                   |
|                          |                                          |
| electrum [30]            | Fix a Lightning security issue           |
|                          |                                          |
| filezilla [31]           | Fix builds for 32-bit architectures; fix |
|                          | crash when removing filetypes from list  |
|                          |                                          |
| firewalld [32]           | Don't mix IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in a   |
|                          | single nftables rule                     |
|                          |                                          |
| flann [33]               | Drop extra -llz4 from flann.pc           |
|                          |                                          |
| foot [34]                | Ignore XTGETTCAP queries with invalid    |
|                          | hex encodings                            |
|                          |                                          |
| freedombox [35]          | Use n= in apt preferences for smooth     |
|                          | upgrades                                 |
|                          |                                          |
| freeradius [36]          | Ensure TLS-Client-Cert-Common-Name       |
|                          | contains correct data                    |
|                          |                                          |
| ghostscript [37]         | Fix buffer overflow issue [CVE-2023-     |
|                          | 38559]; try and secure the IJS server    |
|                          | startup [CVE-2023-43115]                 |
|                          |                                          |
| gitit [38]               | Rebuild against new pandoc               |
|                          |                                          |
| gjs [39]                 | Avoid infinite loops of idle callbacks   |
|                          | if an idle handler is called during GC   |
|                          |                                          |
| glibc [40]               | Fix the value of F_GETLK/F_SETLK/        |
|                          | F_SETLKW with __USE_FILE_OFFSET64 on     |
|                          | ppc64el; fix a stack read overflow in    |
|                          | getaddrinfo in no-aaaa mode [CVE-2023-   |
|                          | 4527]; fix use after free in             |
|                          | getcanonname [CVE-2023-4806 CVE-2023-    |
|                          | 5156]; fix _dl_find_object to return     |
|                          | correct values even during early startup |
|                          |                                          |
| gosa-plugins-            | Silence deprecation warnings in web      |
| netgroups [41]           | interface                                |
|                          |                                          |
| gosa-plugins-            | Fix management of DHCP/DNS entries in    |
| systems [42]             | default theme; fix adding (standalone)   |
|                          | "Network printer"  systems; fix          |
|                          | generation of target DNs for various     |
|                          | system types; fix icon rendering in DHCP |
|                          | servlet; enforce unqualified hostname    |
|                          | for workstations                         |
|                          |                                          |
| gtk+3.0 [43]             | New upstream stable release; fix several |
|                          | crashes; show more information in the    |
|                          | "inspector"  debugging interface;        |
|                          | silence GFileInfo warnings if used with  |
|                          | a backported version of GLib; use a      |
|                          | light colour for the caret in dark       |
|                          | themes, making it much easier to see in  |
|                          | some apps, in particular Evince          |
|                          |                                          |
| gtk4 [44]                | Fix truncation in places sidebar with    |
|                          | large text accessibility setting         |
|                          |                                          |
| haskell-hakyll [45]      | Rebuild against new pandoc               |
|                          |                                          |
| highway [46]             | Fix support for armhf systems lacking    |
|                          | NEON                                     |
|                          |                                          |
| hnswlib [47]             | Fix double free in init_index when the M |
|                          | argument is a large integer [CVE-2023-   |
|                          | 37365]                                   |
|                          |                                          |
| horizon [48]             | Fix open redirect issue [CVE-2022-45582] |
|                          |                                          |
| icingaweb2 [49]          | Suppress undesirable deprecation notices |
|                          |                                          |
| imlib2 [50]              | Fix preservation of alpha channel flag   |
|                          |                                          |
| indent [51]              | Fix out of buffer read; fix buffer       |
|                          | overwrite [CVE-2023-40305]               |
|                          |                                          |
| inetutils [52]           | Check return values when dropping        |
|                          | privileges [CVE-2023-40303]              |
|                          |                                          |
| inn2 [53]                | Fix nnrpd hangs when compression is      |
|                          | enabled; add support for high-precision  |
|                          | syslog timestamps; make inn-             |
|                          | {radius,secrets}.conf not world readable |
|                          |                                          |
| jekyll [54]              | Support YAML aliases                     |
|                          |                                          |
| kernelshark [55]         | Fix segfault in libshark-tepdata; fix    |
|                          | capturing when target directory contains |
|                          | a space                                  |
|                          |                                          |
| krb5 [56]                | Fix freeing of uninitialised pointer     |
|                          | [CVE-2023-36054]                         |
|                          |                                          |
| lemonldap-ng [57]        | Apply login control to auth-slave        |
|                          | requests; fix open redirection due to    |
|                          | incorrect escape handling; fix open      |
|                          | redirection when OIDC RP has no redirect |
|                          | URIs; fix Server Side Request Forgery    |
|                          | issue [CVE-2023-44469]                   |
|                          |                                          |
| libapache-mod-jk [58]    | Remove implicit mapping functionality,   |
|                          | which could lead to unintended exposure  |
|                          | of the status worker and/or bypass of    |
|                          | security constraints [CVE-2023-41081]    |
|                          |                                          |
| libclamunrar [59]        | New upstream stable release              |
|                          |                                          |
| libmatemixer [60]        | Fix heap corruptions / application       |
|                          | crashes when removing audio devices      |
|                          |                                          |
| libpam-mklocaluser [61]  | pam-auth-update: ensure the module is    |
|                          | ordered before other session type        |
|                          | modules                                  |
|                          |                                          |
| libxnvctrl [62]          | New source package split from nvidia-    |
|                          | settings                                 |
|                          |                                          |
| linux [63]               | New upstream stable release              |
|                          |                                          |
| linux-signed-amd64 [64]  | New upstream stable release              |
|                          |                                          |
| linux-signed-arm64 [65]  | New upstream stable release              |
|                          |                                          |
| linux-signed-i386 [66]   | New upstream stable release              |
|                          |                                          |
| llvm-defaults [67]       | Fix /usr/include/lld symlink; add Breaks |
|                          | against not co-installable packages for  |
|                          | smoother upgrades from bullseye          |
|                          |                                          |
| ltsp [68]                | Avoid using mv on init symlink           |
|                          |                                          |
| lxc [69]                 | Fix nftables syntax for IPv6 NAT         |
|                          |                                          |
| lxcfs [70]               | Fix CPU reporting within an arm32        |
|                          | container with large numbers of CPUs     |
|                          |                                          |
| marco [71]               | Only enable compositing if it is         |
|                          | available                                |
|                          |                                          |
| mariadb [72]             | New upstream bugfix release              |
|                          |                                          |
| mate-notification-       | Fix two memory leaks                     |
| daemon [73]              |                                          |
|                          |                                          |
| mgba [74]                | Fix broken audio in libretro core; fix   |
|                          | crash on hardware incapable of OpenGL    |
|                          | 3.2                                      |
|                          |                                          |
| modsecurity [75]         | Fix denial of service issue [CVE-2023-   |
|                          | 38285]                                   |
|                          |                                          |
| monitoring-plugins [76]  | check_disk: avoid mounting when          |
|                          | searching for matching mount points,     |
|                          | resolving a regression in speed from     |
|                          | bullseye                                 |
|                          |                                          |
| mozjs102 [77]            | New upstream stable release; fix         |
|                          | "incorrect value used during WASM        |
|                          | compilation"  [CVE-2023-4046], potential |
|                          | use after free issue [CVE-2023-37202],   |
|                          | memory safety issues [CVE-2023-37211     |
|                          | CVE-2023-34416]                          |
|                          |                                          |
| mutt [78]                | New upstream stable release              |
|                          |                                          |
| nco [79]                 | Re-enable udunits2 support               |
|                          |                                          |
| nftables [80]            | Fix incorrect bytecode generation hit    |
|                          | with new kernel check that rejects       |
|                          | adding rules to bound chains             |
|                          |                                          |
| node-dottie [81]         | Security fix (prototype pollution)       |
|                          | [CVE-2023-26132]                         |
|                          |                                          |
| nvidia-settings [82]     | New upstream bugfix release              |
|                          |                                          |
| nvidia-settings-         | New upstream bugfix release              |
| tesla [83]               |                                          |
|                          |                                          |
| nx-libs [84]             | Fix missing symlink /usr/share/nx/fonts; |
|                          | fix manpage                              |
|                          |                                          |
| open-ath9k-htc-          | Load correct firmware                    |
| firmware [85]            |                                          |
|                          |                                          |
| openbsd-inetd [86]       | Fix memory handling issues               |
|                          |                                          |
| openrefine [87]          | Fix arbitrary code execution issue       |
|                          | [CVE-2023-37476]                         |
|                          |                                          |
| openscap [88]            | Fix dependencies of openscap-utils and   |
|                          | python3-openscap                         |
|                          |                                          |
| openssh [89]             | Fix remote code execution issue via a    |
|                          | forwarded agent socket [CVE-2023-38408]  |
|                          |                                          |
| openssl [90]             | New upstream stable release; security    |
|                          | fixes [CVE-2023-2975 CVE-2023-3446       |
|                          | CVE-2023-3817]                           |
|                          |                                          |
| pam [91]                 | Fix pam-auth-update --disable; update    |
|                          | Turkish translation                      |
|                          |                                          |
| pandoc [92]              | Fix arbitrary file write issue           |
|                          | [CVE-2023-35936]                         |
|                          |                                          |
| plasma-framework [93]    | Fix plasmashell crashes                  |
|                          |                                          |
| plasma-workspace [94]    | Fix crash in krunner                     |
|                          |                                          |
| python-git [95]          | Fix remote code execution issue          |
|                          | [CVE-2023-40267], blind local file       |
|                          | inclusion issue [CVE-2023-41040]         |
|                          |                                          |
| pywinrm [96]             | Fix compatibility with Python 3.11       |
|                          |                                          |
| qemu [97]                | Update to upstream 7.2.5 tree; ui/vnc-   |
|                          | clipboard: fix infinite loop in          |
|                          | inflate_buffer [CVE-2023-3255]; fix NULL |
|                          | pointer dereference issue [CVE-2023-     |
|                          | 3354]; fix buffer overflow issue         |
|                          | [CVE-2023-3180]                          |
|                          |                                          |
| qtlocation-opensource-   | Fix freeze when loading map tiles        |
| src [98]                 |                                          |
|                          |                                          |
| rar [99]                 | Upstream bugfix release [CVE-2023-40477] |
|                          |                                          |
| reprepro [100]           | Fix race condition when using external   |
|                          | decompressors                            |
|                          |                                          |
| rmlint [101]             | Fix error in other packages caused by    |
|                          | invalid python package version; fix GUI  |
|                          | startup failure with recent python3.11   |
|                          |                                          |
| roundcube [102]          | New upstream stable release; fix OAuth2  |
|                          | authentication; fix cross site scripting |
|                          | issues [CVE-2023-43770]                  |
|                          |                                          |
| runit-services [103]     | dhclient: don't hardcode use of eth1     |
|                          |                                          |
| samba [104]              | New upstream stable release              |
|                          |                                          |
| sitesummary [105]        | New upstream release; fix installation   |
|                          | of sitesummary-maintenance CRON/systemd- |
|                          | timerd script; fix insecure temporary    |
|                          | file and directory creation              |
|                          |                                          |
| slbackup-php [106]       | Bug fixes: log remote commands to        |
|                          | stderr; disable SSH known hosts files;   |
|                          | PHP 8 compatibility                      |
|                          |                                          |
| spamprobe [107]          | Fix crashes parsing JPEG attachments     |
|                          |                                          |
| stunnel4 [108]           | Fix handling of a peer closing TLS       |
|                          | connection without proper shutdown       |
|                          | messaging                                |
|                          |                                          |
| systemd [109]            | New upstream stable release; fix minor   |
|                          | security issue in arm64 and riscv64      |
|                          | systemd-boot (EFI) with device tree      |
|                          | blobs loading                            |
|                          |                                          |
| testng7 [110]            | Backport to stable for future openjdk-17 |
|                          | builds                                   |
|                          |                                          |
| timg [111]               | Fix buffer overflow vulnerability        |
|                          | [CVE-2023-40968]                         |
|                          |                                          |
| transmission [112]       | Replace openssl3 compat patch to fix     |
|                          | memory leak                              |
|                          |                                          |
| unbound [113]            | Fix error log flooding when using DNS    |
|                          | over TLS with openssl 3.0                |
|                          |                                          |
| unrar-nonfree [114]      | Fix remote code execution issue          |
|                          | [CVE-2023-40477]                         |
|                          |                                          |
| vorta [115]              | Handle ctime and mtime changes in diffs  |
|                          |                                          |
| vte2.91 [116]            | Invalidate ring view more often when     |
|                          | necessary, fixing various assertion      |
|                          | failures during event handling           |
|                          |                                          |
| x2goserver [117]         | x2goruncommand: add support for KDE      |
|                          | Plasma 5; x2gostartagent: prevent        |
|                          | logfile corruption; keystrokes.cfg: sync |
|                          | with nx-libs; fix encoding of Finnish    |
|                          | translation                              |
|                          |                                          |
+--------------------------+------------------------------------------+

    1: https://packages.debian.org/src:amd64-microcode
    2: https://packages.debian.org/src:arctica-greeter
    3: https://packages.debian.org/src:autofs
    4: https://packages.debian.org/src:base-files
    5: https://packages.debian.org/src:batik
    6: https://packages.debian.org/src:boxer-data
    7: https://packages.debian.org/src:brltty
    8: https://packages.debian.org/src:ca-certificates-java
    9: https://packages.debian.org/src:cairosvg
   10: https://packages.debian.org/src:calibre
   11: https://packages.debian.org/src:clamav
   12: https://packages.debian.org/src:cryptmount
   13: https://packages.debian.org/src:cups
   14: https://packages.debian.org/src:curl
   15: https://packages.debian.org/src:cyrus-imapd
   16: https://packages.debian.org/src:dar
   17: https://packages.debian.org/src:dbus
   18: https://packages.debian.org/src:debian-archive-keyring
   19: https://packages.debian.org/src:debian-edu-doc
   20: https://packages.debian.org/src:debian-edu-install
   21: https://packages.debian.org/src:debian-installer
   22: https://packages.debian.org/src:debian-installer-netboot-images
   23: https://packages.debian.org/src:debian-parl
   24: https://packages.debian.org/src:debianutils
   25: https://packages.debian.org/src:dgit
   26: https://packages.debian.org/src:dhcpcd5
   27: https://packages.debian.org/src:dpdk
   28: https://packages.debian.org/src:dput-ng
   29: https://packages.debian.org/src:efibootguard
   30: https://packages.debian.org/src:electrum
   31: https://packages.debian.org/src:filezilla
   32: https://packages.debian.org/src:firewalld
   33: https://packages.debian.org/src:flann
   34: https://packages.debian.org/src:foot
   35: https://packages.debian.org/src:freedombox
   36: https://packages.debian.org/src:freeradius
   37: https://packages.debian.org/src:ghostscript
   38: https://packages.debian.org/src:gitit
   39: https://packages.debian.org/src:gjs
   40: https://packages.debian.org/src:glibc
   41: https://packages.debian.org/src:gosa-plugins-netgroups
   42: https://packages.debian.org/src:gosa-plugins-systems
   43: https://packages.debian.org/src:gtk+3.0
   44: https://packages.debian.org/src:gtk4
   45: https://packages.debian.org/src:haskell-hakyll
   46: https://packages.debian.org/src:highway
   47: https://packages.debian.org/src:hnswlib
   48: https://packages.debian.org/src:horizon
   49: https://packages.debian.org/src:icingaweb2
   50: https://packages.debian.org/src:imlib2
   51: https://packages.debian.org/src:indent
   52: https://packages.debian.org/src:inetutils
   53: https://packages.debian.org/src:inn2
   54: https://packages.debian.org/src:jekyll
   55: https://packages.debian.org/src:kernelshark
   56: https://packages.debian.org/src:krb5
   57: https://packages.debian.org/src:lemonldap-ng
   58: https://packages.debian.org/src:libapache-mod-jk
   59: https://packages.debian.org/src:libclamunrar
   60: https://packages.debian.org/src:libmatemixer
   61: https://packages.debian.org/src:libpam-mklocaluser
   62: https://packages.debian.org/src:libxnvctrl
   63: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux
   64: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-amd64
   65: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-arm64
   66: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-i386
   67: https://packages.debian.org/src:llvm-defaults
   68: https://packages.debian.org/src:ltsp
   69: https://packages.debian.org/src:lxc
   70: https://packages.debian.org/src:lxcfs
   71: https://packages.debian.org/src:marco
   72: https://packages.debian.org/src:mariadb
   73: https://packages.debian.org/src:mate-notification-daemon
   74: https://packages.debian.org/src:mgba
   75: https://packages.debian.org/src:modsecurity
   76: https://packages.debian.org/src:monitoring-plugins
   77: https://packages.debian.org/src:mozjs102
   78: https://packages.debian.org/src:mutt
   79: https://packages.debian.org/src:nco
   80: https://packages.debian.org/src:nftables
   81: https://packages.debian.org/src:node-dottie
   82: https://packages.debian.org/src:nvidia-settings
   83: https://packages.debian.org/src:nvidia-settings-tesla
   84: https://packages.debian.org/src:nx-libs
   85: https://packages.debian.org/src:open-ath9k-htc-firmware
   86: https://packages.debian.org/src:openbsd-inetd
   87: https://packages.debian.org/src:openrefine
   88: https://packages.debian.org/src:openscap
   89: https://packages.debian.org/src:openssh
   90: https://packages.debian.org/src:openssl
   91: https://packages.debian.org/src:pam
   92: https://packages.debian.org/src:pandoc
   93: https://packages.debian.org/src:plasma-framework
   94: https://packages.debian.org/src:plasma-workspace
   95: https://packages.debian.org/src:python-git
   96: https://packages.debian.org/src:pywinrm
   97: https://packages.debian.org/src:qemu
   98: https://packages.debian.org/src:qtlocation-opensource-src
   99: https://packages.debian.org/src:rar
  100: https://packages.debian.org/src:reprepro
  101: https://packages.debian.org/src:rmlint
  102: https://packages.debian.org/src:roundcube
  103: https://packages.debian.org/src:runit-services
  104: https://packages.debian.org/src:samba
  105: https://packages.debian.org/src:sitesummary
  106: https://packages.debian.org/src:slbackup-php
  107: https://packages.debian.org/src:spamprobe
  108: https://packages.debian.org/src:stunnel4
  109: https://packages.debian.org/src:systemd
  110: https://packages.debian.org/src:testng7
  111: https://packages.debian.org/src:timg
  112: https://packages.debian.org/src:transmission
  113: https://packages.debian.org/src:unbound
  114: https://packages.debian.org/src:unrar-nonfree
  115: https://packages.debian.org/src:vorta
  116: https://packages.debian.org/src:vte2.91
  117: https://packages.debian.org/src:x2goserver

Security Updates
----------------

This revision adds the following security updates to the stable release.
The Security Team has already released an advisory for each of these
updates:

+----------------+---------------------------+
| Advisory ID    | Package                   |
+----------------+---------------------------+
| DSA-5454 [118] | kanboard [119]            |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5455 [120] | iperf3 [121]              |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5456 [122] | chromium [123]            |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5457 [124] | webkit2gtk [125]          |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5458 [126] | openjdk-17 [127]          |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5459 [128] | amd64-microcode [129]     |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5460 [130] | curl [131]                |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5462 [132] | linux-signed-amd64 [133]  |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5462 [134] | linux-signed-arm64 [135]  |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5462 [136] | linux-signed-i386 [137]   |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5462 [138] | linux [139]               |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5463 [140] | thunderbird [141]         |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5464 [142] | firefox-esr [143]         |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5465 [144] | python-django [145]       |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5466 [146] | ntpsec [147]              |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5467 [148] | chromium [149]            |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5468 [150] | webkit2gtk [151]          |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5469 [152] | thunderbird [153]         |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5471 [154] | libhtmlcleaner-java [155] |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5472 [156] | cjose [157]               |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5473 [158] | orthanc [159]             |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5474 [160] | intel-microcode [161]     |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5475 [162] | linux-signed-amd64 [163]  |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5475 [164] | linux-signed-arm64 [165]  |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5475 [166] | linux-signed-i386 [167]   |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5475 [168] | linux [169]               |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5476 [170] | gst-plugins-ugly1.0 [171] |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5477 [172] | samba [173]               |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5479 [174] | chromium [175]            |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5481 [176] | fastdds [177]             |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5482 [178] | tryton-server [179]       |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5483 [180] | chromium [181]            |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5484 [182] | librsvg [183]             |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5485 [184] | firefox-esr [185]         |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5487 [186] | chromium [187]            |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5488 [188] | thunderbird [189]         |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5491 [190] | chromium [191]            |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5492 [192] | linux-signed-amd64 [193]  |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5492 [194] | linux-signed-arm64 [195]  |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5492 [196] | linux-signed-i386 [197]   |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5492 [198] | linux [199]               |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5493 [200] | open-vm-tools [201]       |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5494 [202] | mutt [203]                |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5495 [204] | frr [205]                 |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5496 [206] | firefox-esr [207]         |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5497 [208] | libwebp [209]             |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5498 [210] | thunderbird [211]         |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5501 [212] | gnome-shell [213]         |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5504 [214] | bind9 [215]               |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5505 [216] | lldpd [217]               |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5507 [218] | jetty9 [219]              |
|                |                           |
| DSA-5510 [220] | libvpx [221]              |
|                |                           |
+----------------+---------------------------+

  118: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5454
  119: https://packages.debian.org/src:kanboard
  120: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5455
  121: https://packages.debian.org/src:iperf3
  122: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5456
  123: https://packages.debian.org/src:chromium
  124: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5457
  125: https://packages.debian.org/src:webkit2gtk
  126: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5458
  127: https://packages.debian.org/src:openjdk-17
  128: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5459
  129: https://packages.debian.org/src:amd64-microcode
  130: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5460
  131: https://packages.debian.org/src:curl
  132: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5462
  133: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-amd64
  134: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5462
  135: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-arm64
  136: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5462
  137: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-i386
  138: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5462
  139: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux
  140: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5463
  141: https://packages.debian.org/src:thunderbird
  142: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5464
  143: https://packages.debian.org/src:firefox-esr
  144: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5465
  145: https://packages.debian.org/src:python-django
  146: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5466
  147: https://packages.debian.org/src:ntpsec
  148: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5467
  149: https://packages.debian.org/src:chromium
  150: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5468
  151: https://packages.debian.org/src:webkit2gtk
  152: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5469
  153: https://packages.debian.org/src:thunderbird
  154: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5471
  155: https://packages.debian.org/src:libhtmlcleaner-java
  156: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5472
  157: https://packages.debian.org/src:cjose
  158: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5473
  159: https://packages.debian.org/src:orthanc
  160: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5474
  161: https://packages.debian.org/src:intel-microcode
  162: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5475
  163: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-amd64
  164: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5475
  165: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-arm64
  166: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5475
  167: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-i386
  168: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5475
  169: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux
  170: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5476
  171: https://packages.debian.org/src:gst-plugins-ugly1.0
  172: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5477
  173: https://packages.debian.org/src:samba
  174: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5479
  175: https://packages.debian.org/src:chromium
  176: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5481
  177: https://packages.debian.org/src:fastdds
  178: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5482
  179: https://packages.debian.org/src:tryton-server
  180: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5483
  181: https://packages.debian.org/src:chromium
  182: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5484
  183: https://packages.debian.org/src:librsvg
  184: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5485
  185: https://packages.debian.org/src:firefox-esr
  186: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5487
  187: https://packages.debian.org/src:chromium
  188: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5488
  189: https://packages.debian.org/src:thunderbird
  190: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5491
  191: https://packages.debian.org/src:chromium
  192: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5492
  193: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-amd64
  194: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5492
  195: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-arm64
  196: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5492
  197: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux-signed-i386
  198: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5492
  199: https://packages.debian.org/src:linux
  200: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5493
  201: https://packages.debian.org/src:open-vm-tools
  202: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5494
  203: https://packages.debian.org/src:mutt
  204: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5495
  205: https://packages.debian.org/src:frr
  206: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5496
  207: https://packages.debian.org/src:firefox-esr
  208: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5497
  209: https://packages.debian.org/src:libwebp
  210: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5498
  211: https://packages.debian.org/src:thunderbird
  212: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5501
  213: https://packages.debian.org/src:gnome-shell
  214: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5504
  215: https://packages.debian.org/src:bind9
  216: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5505
  217: https://packages.debian.org/src:lldpd
  218: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5507
  219: https://packages.debian.org/src:jetty9
  220: https://www.debian.org/security/2023/dsa-5510
  221: https://packages.debian.org/src:libvpx

Removed packages
----------------

The following packages were removed due to circumstances beyond our
control:

+------------------------+---------------------------------------------+
| Package                | Reason                                      |
+------------------------+---------------------------------------------+
| https-everywhere [222] | obsolete, major browsers offer native       |
|                        | support                                     |
|                        |                                             |
+------------------------+---------------------------------------------+

  222: https://packages.debian.org/src:https-everywhere

Debian Installer
----------------

The installer has been updated to include the fixes incorporated into
stable by the point release.

URLs
----

The complete lists of packages that have changed with this revision:

https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/bookworm/ChangeLog

The current stable distribution:

https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/

Proposed updates to the stable distribution:

https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/proposed-updates

stable distribution information (release notes, errata etc.):

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/

Security announcements and information:

https://www.debian.org/security/

About Debian

The Debian Project is an association of Free Software developers who
volunteer their time and effort in order to produce the completely free
operating system Debian.

Contact Information

For further information, please visit the Debian web pages at
https://www.debian.org/, send mail to <press@debian.org>, or contact the
stable release team at <debian-release@lists.debian.org>.