Ian Jackson is the next Debian Project Leader

            IAN JACKSON IS THE NEXT DEBIAN PROJECT LEADER

Ian Jackson, a programmer who has been with the Debian project since
its inception, will be Debian project leader for 1998.

I've been project leader since sometime in 1996. A number of developers
convinced me that it was time for a leadership change, and I thus withdrew
from the project leader election. Ian is the only remaining candidate and
wins by default.

As project leader, Ian has my unconditional support in all of his
decisions.

	Many Thanks

	Bruce Perens