Become a Debian Developer! Debian Mentors are waiting to help YOU!

Do you want to see your software fly on the Space Shuttle? Want to see it
used in classrooms and companies everywhere? Want to give something back
for all of the great free software that others have contributed? Want to
be part of the best project in the free software world, with lots of smart
people to work with?

	          *** BECOME A DEBIAN DEVELOPER ***

Be a technical writer, a package maintainer, or a programmer.

Now, it's easier than ever to become a Debian developer, because we've
set up "mentors" - experienced Debian staff who will guide you
through the process. You can meet them on the Debian Mentors mailing
list. To subscribe, send a message to
debian-mentors-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with the word "subscribe" in
the body.

About the easiest way to become a developer is to adopt a software
package. You can find a list of software packages that need maintainers at
ftp://debian.crosslink.net/pub/debian/doc/package-developer/prospective-packages.html

You can find more information in our "Developers Corner",
at http://www.debian.org/developers_corner.html . Documents here include
the Debian Policy Manual and the Debian Packaging Manual, key references
for every Debian package maintainer.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens
	Debian Project Leader