My future with the Debian project

The Debian project will still have a leader.  I will be around
indefitely to serve as that leader.  I have no intention of giving up
Debian entirely; I simply need to allocate much of the work that I
have been doing myself (or, rather, _trying_ to do myself :) to other
people.

I can still perform a leadership role and administrative tasks.  I
have always firmly believed that someone who has the final word is
essential to the success of the project.  I can still be that person.
I anticipate ``sub-leaders'' of important functions emerging soon.
Discussion is going on behind the scenes as to exactly how we're going
to have to organize ourselves.  It is not going to be easy, but it can
be done.

And I will still be doing the base system.  Most of the package work
will be allocated to other people.

The Debian project will survive.

Ian Murdock <imurdock@sage.cc.purdue.edu>