Re: Regarding dual boot

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 12:25:49AM +0530, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> I want to dual-boot windows 10 with debian 8.1 (amd64), as I have been an
> avid linux user for many years. I want to make sure that I shall not lose
> my original copy of Windows 10 if I try to install Debian.
> Also please make me clear about issues of dual-boot windows with debian.

Well make sure you have unused space on the disk before installing
(that is, not part of a partition, not free space on C:).

As long as you don't touch the windows partitions while installing,
windows should survive just fine.

Of course backups are always recommended before doing anything major,
like an OS install.