Re: Time to change the debian-ports "list"?

Steven Chamberlain dixit:

>On 05/09/14 18:39, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>  * Remove the confusion: turn debian-ports into a separate *normal*
>>    mailing list, announce it and let people subscribe to it [...]
>
>That sounds perfect IMHO.  It could be used for general discussion about
>porting, upcoming new ports, or any ports that don't quite merit having
>their own mailing list yet.

Agreed, all that plus the dpo infrastructure, buildd and
wanna-build related setup (possibly for both dpo and the
main archive), etc.

>>    "debian-cross-ports" or "debian-architectures" or something.
>
>I'd prefer not to have it, or have to sign up to it as a porter.  It'd
>probably get more spam than useful mail.

Agree.

>I can't think of a reason to mail *all* ports that wouldn't be
>appropriate for debian-devel-announce;  or if your mail only concerns a
>few ports it should be convenient to cross-post to the relevant ports'
>lists only.

Fully agree.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<gcc> ncal.c: In function 'parsemonth': warning: comparison between pointer
and integer  • <mirabilos> ↑ hab da „in function parselmouth“ gelesen