Re: Invalid GART PTE entry errors during bulk data transfers

OK Marco, I shall have a look when I reboot the machine.

Thanks for your help
Ciao, Jaap

Le 24.07.2011 21:33, Marco Maske a écrit :
Jaap Hoetmer wrote:

Recently I installed Debian Linux 6 (Squeeze, kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1
SMP) on an IBM eServer platform. The system has dual AMD Opteron
processors.

http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/26094.PDF

On Page 333 I read:

------------------------------

12.10.1 GART Table Walk Error Reporting

--- 8<
MC4_CTL[10] bit is set. AMD also recommends adding a setup option to the
BIOS setup menu. The
following should be displayed in the setup option:

Gart Table Walk Error MC reporting: Disabled/Enabled.

The default setting is disabled. The device driver developer may enable
this function for
implementation and testing purposes. Also, a help message should be
added with this setup option.
An example of the help message is:

This option should remain disabled for normal operation.

On Tyan (Opteron) Boards there is an Bios Option
  for Disable/Enable
Debugging for Kernel/Driver developing.
And something like "Gart Table ECC reporting/logging".

Maybe eServer has something like that and can help.

Ciao Marco!