Re: Can't install Debian 505 AMD64

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:20:16AM -0700, Ignaczewski Zyzda wrote:
> My install of Debian 505 AMD64 failed because of a busybox error.  The
> installation procedure wouldn't go beyond this error, for standard
> install or expert install.  It failed on the netinst disk as well as
> the CD-1 disk.  The error message in syslog says nothing helpful about
> the error.

What exactly was the error?  Which program from busybox were you
running?  What step in the installation were you on?  What was the error
message in syslog, even if you didn't think it was helpful?  It's very
hard to provide a helpful response if we don't have all the information.
It's always better to provide too much information rather than too
little.  See <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>.