Re: Bug #538822

I have got this thing bad, it blocked my upgrades completely in sid, I
tried to remove dash and i got bash removed instead, i got into a
chroot via rescue mode with the installer and with placing emergency
copies of the files from the bash deb onto my system. however I am
stumped what to do to work around. my system will still not boot now
the normal way.

here's the error:

Setting up dash (0.5.5.1-6) ...
dpkg-divert: mismatch on package
  when removing `diversion of /bin/sh by dash'
  found `diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by bash'
dpkg: error processing dash (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 dash

I tried using dpkg-divert removal  for the "bad" diversion as shown in
the manpage for it but that didn't work.

Is there anything I can do other than a complete reinstall ?

My system is a macbook late'06.

Thanks,
Brian