mpich2 for amd64 lenny

hello:

In need of MPICH2 support I tried to install on amd64 lenny
mpich2_1.2.1.1-4_amd64.deb (maintainer Lucas Nussbaum)

dpkg -i mpich....

encountered dependency errors;

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mpich2:
 mpich2 depends on libmpich2-1.2 (= 1.2.1.1-4); however:
 Package libmpich2-1.2 is not installed.
 mpich2 depends on python-support (>= 0.90.0); however:
 Version of python-support on system is 0.8.4lenny1.
dpkg: error processing mpich2 (--install):

apt-get -f install

was of course of no help. If I understand the error message, the
installation should be carried out on amd64 squeeze, however, chemical
computational machines are on stable debian.

Where to find  a backport version of that package for amd64 lenny? (or
other turnaround of the problem). It is most unfortunate that in the
big calculations of chemistry squeeze is as if it were nonexistent.

Thanks
francesco pietra