Re: debian-amd64/sid = hal or udev???

Hi,

Could you please provide your udev rules file? I changed mine but it didn't work. I'm running debian amd64 with kernel 2.6.32-trunk-amd64.

Thanks!

Ivan

2010/1/30 Bin Zhang <yangtze31@gmail.com>
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Hans-J. Ullrich <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to get multitouch running on my amd64-notebook (and my EEEPC as well),
> which are both running debian/sid and both got an synaptics touchpad.
>
> Every solution I found are related to hal. When I integrated the needed
> scripts, it did not work. I suppose, latest kernel (2.6.32) is based on udev.
> Can someone confirm this, and does someone know, how to activate multitouch
> with udev?
>
> Any hints are welcome.

The xserver-xorg-input-synaptics version 1.2.1 uses
/lib/udev/rules.d/66-xorg-synaptics.rules for options.
For example,  I have
ENV{x11_options.TapButton1}="1"
ENV{x11_options.MaxDoubleTapTime}="90"
for tapping.