file/text recovery after second consequent reboot

Hi,

After creating some new (script-)files or changing text in some of these files, happens when you are programming something, I shutdown debian-amd64 (lenny), custom kernel 2.6.31.1. The next day I started the server and the files and/or the changes in the text I made the day before, were gone!!! If I reboot the server again, the next day, the files were restored (it's repeatable in a certain time-window (few hours - overnight)).

- The remainder of the files in the directory stayed untouched.
- It's system wide.
- I checked the filesystem (e2fsck -n -f; pass 1-5 -> no errors).
- Using ext3 with journals, writeback mode.
- It seems like that files are passing a buffer (a FIFO), whereby files coming out of the buffer stayed in their place (I am still not sure).

Has someone any idea where i have to look for to solve this?...

Thanks,

Clemens