Re: Who is starting this process?

Am Samstag 24 Oktober 2009 schrieb C M Reinehr:
> On Sat 24 October 2009 02:46:44 am Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> > > I see some lines referring to vt9 and vt10 in /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers,
> > > but they are commented out on my machine.
> > >
> > > So, if you did not uncomment those lines, who did?
> > >
> > > *paranoia recommended*
> > >

> > > Dave W.
> >
> > Yes, same lines I found, too, but they are commented out here, too.
> >
> > Strange things happen in debian-world... :))
> >
> > Greets
> >

> > Hans
>
> Hans,
>
> I'm running KDE3 and the number of virtual terminals seems be controlled by
> and entry in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc. In the first paragraph I have:
>
> [General]
> ConfigVersion=2.3
> ConsoleTTYs=tty1,tty2,tty3,tty4,tty5,tty6
> PidFile=/var/run/kdm.pid
> ReserveServers=:1,:2,:3
> ServerVTs=-7
> StaticServers=:0
>
> HTH!
>
> cmr

Hi CM,

yes, I know this entry. The minus before the number is telling "use the next
free vt the kernel shows".

But it should be 7 not 9. Strangely suddenly this changed some day, although I
did only an update. My 32-bit machine never showed this behaviour.

It is not really disturbing me, but it is annoying me, that X is now on 9 but
9, but it is annoying me, I do not understand, what had really happened. :)

So I asked, if people know more than me.

Cheers

Hans