Re: Who is starting this process?

On Sat 24 October 2009 02:46:44 am Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> > I see some lines referring to vt9 and vt10 in /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers, but
> > they are commented out on my machine.
> >
> > So, if you did not uncomment those lines, who did?
> >
> > *paranoia recommended*
> >

> > Dave W.
>
> Yes, same lines I found, too, but they are commented out here, too.
>
> Strange things happen in debian-world... :))
>
> Greets
>

> Hans

Hans,

I'm running KDE3 and the number of virtual terminals seems be controlled by
and entry in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc. In the first paragraph I have:

[General]
ConfigVersion=2.3
ConsoleTTYs=tty1,tty2,tty3,tty4,tty5,tty6
PidFile=/var/run/kdm.pid
ReserveServers=:1,:2,:3
ServerVTs=-7
StaticServers=:0

HTH!

cmr

--
Debian 'Etch' - Registered Linux User #241964
--------