Re: How can I set going more one Tor daemons?

Am 15.08.2009 um 18:47 schrieb James Brown:

I have a laptop with the Debian Lenny AMD64 and I want to start several
Tor daemons in one moment, each for every  user.
How can I do it?

Why?

To torify web browsing, all you have to do is install an add-on to firefox.

If you like to share some bandwidth to the tor community, install one tor daemon on your internet connection.

A nice combination is a squid server in your local net and link the squid to a tor daemon on the same machine. I've set up a cascade with tor to privoxy to havp to squid. And if I choose the squid proxy, it's routed through through the cascade and leaves through tor. On every machine and browser that's configured to use the proxy.

So why would you like to run one tor deamon for every user on one machine when one daemon for all users of your local net will do?

As tor is a daemon, why would someone like to start one for every user? You don't start a nfs server or a sshd server for every user?

A little bit puzzled.

Ralf