Re: Subversion segmentation fault for 1 repository

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Jakub Nadolny wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've changed hardware in my server from i386 to AMD64 and everything works fine
> except one SVN repository.
>
> When I try to access it, there is following error:
>   svn: OPTIONS z 'http://some.local.ip.address/svn/repo-name': Could not read status line: connection was closed by server (http://some.local.ip.address)
>
> in Apache error log:
>   [notice] child pid 3504 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
>
> I've thought it might me dav_svn issue but:
>   svnadmin verify repo-name
> gives following result:
>   Segmentation fault
>
> The same is with:
>   svnadmin recover repo-name
>
>   Repository lock acquired.
>   Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
>   Segmentation fault
>
> This repo is very big - server repo directory is 7.1 GB. Maybe this is a reason
> for that? All other repositories work fine, although they are much smaller.
>
> On i386 machine this repository, just copied from amd64 works fine.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Jakub

I doubt its the size of the repository, I have a few that are well over
40G.

How did you migrate your repository?  Perhaps something got corrupted in
the transfer?

Jeff
--
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.