From: ozz lioi [mailto:ozz@lightboxmedia.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:52 AM
To: 'Lennart Sorensen'
Cc: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Poweredge with SAS6/ir

It's a Dell PowerEdge 2950. The module is the SAS6/ir.
I have managed to get into the OS which now leaves me thinking the problem
may lie somewhere else.
I did manage that by hitting 'Utility mode' (which I even consulted with
Dell and should not happen as it is a utility by Dell)  during bootup, I
will try to get a transcript of lspci info as I cannot get the machine to
connect or even to change any files as the OS seems to not respond to the
changes.
The previous OS running there was CentOS 5 (I believe, too late to check).
I did download Ubuntu to see what drivers it uses but no longer sure if it's
a driver issue.
The install does see the virtual disk, but after restarting I have to either
boot into a mangled OS without much I can do so far or watch the cursor
blink at an empty line after the remote access configuration prompt.
I think there is possibly a grub issue... Don't know!

Ozz Lioi
Systems Administrator
Light Box Media
ozz@lightboxmedia.ca