Re: How to install wine on debian/amd64/sid?

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:07:20PM -0300, Cavan Mejias wrote:
> 2009/7/20 Dean Hamstead <dean@fragfest.com.au>:
> > If you arent able to fix breaks, you should use 'testing' which is
> > currently 'squeeze'
> >
> > testing is generally solid enough but also bleeding edge enough for
> > desktops.
> >

> Ya, I agree. Exactly why I use testing.
>
> It must be possible to downgrade from sid to lenny, w/out a reinstall.

Downgrading has always been a problem in Debian.

The slow way is simply to change your sources.list to point to lenny
instead of sid.  As sid packages drift into lenny by the normal
development process, your system will gradually become more lenny than
sid.  Along the way aptitude will probably have a few conniptions.  The
answer to that is simply to back out of any upgrade that causes
trouble (using control-U in interactive more).  The problems will
usually sort themselves out in a few weeks.

-- hendrik