Re: VM Ware Player under Debian Lenny AMD64 on laptop

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 09:45:18PM +0400, James Brown wrote:
> Could the kvm boot the Windows from physical disk? (I want to make the
> virtual machine boot my old Windows from my laptop becouse some
> programes from my working space don't want to run under Linux).
> Earlier I tried the Virtualbox but it cannot do it and the Virtualbox
> from the Debian's repositories don't maintain USB.

Yes it probably could (it supports raw disk files so I see no reason it
could not).  Of course you do have to prepare the windows system with
the right device drivers for running on a new system, although that
usually isn't too hard.  The mergeide.reg seems to cover the main problem.

kvm also support USB device pass through as far as I can tell.