Re: kvm (was: VM Ware Player under Debian Lenny AMD64 on laptop)

On Sex, 24 Jul 2009, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
Fortunately we now have kvm (on machines with virtualization hardware
support) which is in my opinion much better than vmware, free, open
source, and maintained and part of stock kernels.  I have no need for
vmware anymore.

Does kvm support multiple snapshots in a tree-like structure (not only linear as VirtualBox) and switching arbitrarily between them, like VMware Workstation? That's one feature that prevents me from moving to another solution, despite all the trouble to set up VMware and to rebuild the modules when a new kernel version is out.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br