Re: What is the matter with the "http://people.debian.org/~rafael/skype-amd64/"?

Am 21.07.2009 um 09:59 schrieb James Brown:

I know about ekiga and such but they do not serve for all my aims.
I (and many people in my country - x1, when existing terrible and
bloody dictatorship of tyrants x2x and x3 ) need to have an
encrypted telephony either for calling to VoiP-phones or to ordinary phones. But in the last case ekiga and SIP are not useful and the sources of the
x3 secret political police such "x4" can control all my outgoing
calles through ekiga and SIP.

x1 may be Germany?
x2 may be Merkel?
x3 may be Schäuble?
x4 may be BND?

And that's why you like to use an closed source application that is in question of connecting foreign secret services to their servers? That can not be monitored by the community?

But as ekiga is on the linux side of life, you can use zphone to secure your sip calls.

If it's a matter of life and death you should consider something more secure. Build an openvpn connection and you can use any communication system with it.