Re: "big" machines running Debian?

Hi,
Dave> On Saturday, 21.02.2009 at 08:00 -0500, Igor Támara wrote:
Dave>
Dave> > Hi, at some Datacenter here on my country they only want the machines
Dave> > to be installed with RHEL or Suse, every time I dig more into those
Dave> > distros I fall in love more with Debian.  This is why I'm asking about
Dave> > machines that have many cores and lots of RAM and plenty of disk.
Dave>
Dave> We're running a Dell R905 server: four quad-core CPUs, 128GB RAM, with
Dave> an attached Dell Powervault storage system running off Dell's PERC 6/E
Dave> controller.
Dave>
Dave> This basically Just Works under Debian Etch (and, I suspect, Lenny too).
Dave>

Thanks Peter and Dave, the report of the both machines I got is
really important, thanks a lot for letting us know, that as one
could suspect, Debian can be used in such environments.

thank you all.

Dave> Dave.
Dave>
Dave> --
Dave> Dave Ewart
Dave> davee@ceu.ox.ac.uk
Dave> Computing Manager, Cancer Epidemiology Unit
Dave> University of Oxford / Cancer Research UK
Dave> PGP: CC70 1883 BD92 E665 B840 118B 6E94 2CFD 694D E370
Dave> Get key from http://www.ceu.ox.ac.uk/~davee/davee-ceu-ox-ac-uk.asc
Dave> N 51.7516, W 1.2152

--
Recomiendo Audacity para hacer edición de audio
http://audacity.sourceforge.net