Re: DL165 G5 Freezing

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 05:39:54PM -0500, Igor Támara wrote:

> [    0.004000] Your BIOS doesn't leave a aperture memory hole
> [    0.004000] Please enable the IOMMU option in the BIOS setup
> [    0.004000] This costs you 64 MB of RAM

This has obviously nothing to do with the problem you describe.

> We haven't found the option on the Bios, should we pass a kernel
> parameter on booting?

The kernel has corrected this for you, and it took 64MB RAM. If you can
not set the aperture size in the Bios, leave it to the kernel.

> We already applied a Bios upgrade but the freezing persists, what
> logs should we look at to track down this issue?

I would start with an mprime run over 2-3 hours, you find it here:
http://www.mersenne.org

"mprime -t" starts a torture test on your machine.