Re: task hald-addon-stor:2815 blocked for more than 120 seconds.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 07:25:32AM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:
> I have seen it start to happen when my md's resync, a 10 disk raid6 take
> a while to resync and I get lots of these messages. In fact any
> reshaping/resync'ing activity brings these up. I have re written the
> monthly resync to turn off the warning whilst it is running and turn it
> back on when it is finished.
>
> I also use the deadline io schedular

I run my resync limited to 20MB/s, and they were happening at other
times, not while the raid resync was going on, at least in my case.

Given turning off nohz and highres seems to have eliminated them, I
would simply say there is a serious bug on SMP machines with
nohz/highres in 2.6.26.  If it was easier to trigger consistently I
would have tried to find the commit that caused it, but it isn't
frequent enough (and I like my TV shows to record properly).