recompile 2.6.27.3 - now DHCP doesn't work

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my latest kernel source build, 2.6.27.3. It compiles without problem, but when I boot, I lose all network capability, and it even throws my Windows box off the network.

Normally I have a DHCP internal router, and I usually end up with an IP of 192.168.2.X . However on the new kernel I have an internet address assigned of 169.x.x.x, and of course I can't connect.

The thing I can't figure out is how this happened. Usually I just take my old config, re-run it, and save it with a new name (version), and that's the end of that.

I'm wondering though -- does this 2.6.27 kernel have something new I should be aware of? Otherwise I really can't think of what might be causing the non-connectivity...

I am using an eVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 board, with built-in ethernet (forcedeth??). If anyone would like to see some configs, just let me know and I'll attach.

Thank you in advance for any help you can suggest.
Mass