Re: task hald-addon-stor:2815 blocked for more than 120 seconds.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:25:49AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 09:05:42PM +0530, Vikram Vincent wrote:
> > The following messages keep repeating at regular intervals and I am not sure
> > how to deal with them or to ignore them.
> > Any suggestions will be useful.
> > Thanks.
> > Vikram Vincent
>
> I have seen similar multi minute "hangs" on my Q6600 running amd64 with
> 2.6.26 kernel.  I have no idea what caused it to start happening in
> 2.6.26.  I am now running with nohz=off highres=off which seems to have
> made the problem go away.  2.6.25 and earlier never do it.  It also
> seems to always be related to disk IO.

[snip]

I have seen it start to happen when my md's resync, a 10 disk raid6 take
a while to resync and I get lots of these messages. In fact any
reshaping/resync'ing activity brings these up. I have re written the
monthly resync to turn off the warning whilst it is running and turn it
back on when it is finished.

I also use the deadline io schedular

Alex

> --
> Len Sorensen
>

> --

	A manager went to the master programmer and showed him the requirements
document for a new application.  The manager asked the master: "How long will
it take to design this system if I assign five programmers to it?"
	"It will take one year," said the master promptly.
	"But we need this system immediately or even sooner!  How long will it
take it I assign ten programmers to it?"
	The master programmer frowned.  "In that case, it will take two years."
	"And what if I assign a hundred programmers to it?"
	The master programmer shrugged.  "Then the design will never be
completed," he said.
		-- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"