Re: Cool and quiet in amd64 box

A Diumenge 19 Octubre 2008, Corey Hickey va escriure:
> Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > some days ago I updated my old (2004) box with a new hd. In the operation
> > I installed a clean lenny. After the installation, all more or less is
> > working, I noticed that the box didn't have activated the cool and quiet.
> > Probably because I disable it some month ago testing some function with
> > the compiz, k8temp module or whatever.
> >
> > Now, I have been realised that my box doesn't work with cool and quiet.
> > Simple, if I activate it in the bios, the kernel
> > (linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64, 2.6.26-8) hangs booting.
>
> Are you saying it worked before but it doesn't now?> If so, I probably
> can't help you.

Well, in bios mode i think that is working. The problem is that when linux is
booting. The first error is somethings about the clock (unstable, doe the
freq scaling), but I have tested all the modes without success.

> If it never worked before (or you hadn't tried it), perhaps a BIOS
> update will fix the problem. I had the same thing happen on my fairly
> similar system due to a BIOS bug.

Yes, was the first thing I did. The bios is updated to the last know version.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Leo